[T3] Ignition switch '67 squareback.

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Feb 3 11:01:20 PST 2011

On 3 Feb 2011 at 9:55, fess wrote:

> Ok, the ISP west on is expensive.   175.00 [ http://www.vwispwest.com/product.php?ispproduct=vwispwest&cat=347&page=1&part=311905851A ]

I believe this part is expensive because ISP has invested in designing and
making adaptor sleeves to allow later parts to work in 66-7 steering columns.
If you should need to replace some of these parts later on, you can reuse the
adaptor sleeve and just replace the much less expensive later switch. It looks
like they have used the 68-70 switch, which is fairly common.

I think this is a good replacement for '67s, but I don't know how well it will
hold up for 6 V '66s, where the switch might be called on to carry twice the
current it was designed for. In the worst case, however, you still just have to
replace the switch, which should be under $40.

--
Jim Adney
jadney at vwtype3.org
Madison, WI USA