[T3] Rattling shifter

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 14:21:36 PST 2011

I started to remove the coupler by turning the square nut.  After a 1/2
turn, I realized all I had to do was pull the pin out of the shift rod in
order for the rod to be removed.  So I left the coupler on and screwed the
square nut back down (and put the wire back on).  What should that nut be
contacting?  Does it seat in a dimple or something?

While the pin was out of the coupler, I replaced the square plastic pieces
and they were only slightly tighter that the OE coupler pieces.  I figured,
while I was in there, I might as well replace them.  So, maybe I should put
the old ones back in?

 - Bryon