[T3] 71-on windshield seal question

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Feb 7 18:27:03 PST 2011

On 7 Feb 2011 at 16:27, Bryon Garvin wrote:

> Would a 311-121B seal (from WCM) work in a 71 Type 3?  Label on box says
> 62-70, but I wasn't sure what happened in 71 as far as a change to the seal.
>  Its got the groove.
>
> Would this work in my '71 (production date 9/70) ?

It will work if you leave out the 4 metal strips that hold the
windshield in place more tightly in place. You won't see those strips
until you take the old windshield out.

Be careful here. If you're just taking the windshield out so you can
replace the seal, be warned that you have a pretty good chance of
breaking the windshield somewhere in this process. It's a "Let
sleeping dogs lie" situation.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org