[T3] Cleaning the Clock....

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Tue Feb 8 18:12:01 PST 2011

The white cover should come off after the obvious is removed.

That sounds very slow - it must be responding to earth tremors or something!
Maybe the impulse contacts are not really winding it.

Experts use some sort of clock cleaning fluid and lubricate with special
thin clock lubricant.

I've had success spraying with WD40 - I suspect it thins the stiff oil and
cleans a bit of dirt out.

If it's the impulse-wound type (I think I remember the plastic back is), you
may need to use some fine emery cloth to brighten the contacts.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club