[T3] throttle cable

Phil Hof phil.hof at ostronic.org
Wed Feb 16 13:41:17 PST 2011

AT and stick may use different cable part numbers.  There was some confusion
when I got one for my '71 stick.  I think the auto was the correct length!
So some catalogs may be wrong.  I'm not sure if I discussed this here or on
the Samba, but there is some history and length measurements.  I suggest you
measure your old one carefully, and note what part of each end matters
dimensionally. For example, longer total length isn't important as long as
the metal end pieces mesh correctly where clamped or held.

Also, the new cable came with a red plastic sleeve at the front, maybe 1.5"
long.  I was advised to leave it on.  It slides into the metal conduit.  But
I am wondering why it was not on the original, and what happens if it gets
stuck there next time I replace the cable?

Any thoughts?
-Phil
> Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 13:18:16 -0500
> From: "Ted Nehring" <teddo626 at dishmail.net>
> Subject: [T3] throttle cable
>
> Am I correct in assuming that replacing the throttle cable is just a
matter of pulling the old > > one out from the passenger compartment and
feeding the new one back through the tube ?  Thanks , > Ted