[T3] throttle cable

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Feb 16 20:32:49 PST 2011

On 16 Feb 2011 at 13:41, Phil Hof wrote:

> AT and stick may use different cable part numbers.  There was some confusion
> when I got one for my '71 stick.  I think the auto was the correct length!

The MT and AT throttle cables for FI are the same length. The AT one
came with a threaded end at the rear for some reason, and that one is
the only one available these days. It works fine for MT, too.

> Also, the new cable came with a red plastic sleeve at the front, maybe 1.5"
> long.  I was advised to leave it on.  It slides into the metal conduit.  But
> I am wondering why it was not on the original, and what happens if it gets
> stuck there next time I replace the cable?

I haven't seen that, but I may never have bought a new one. It might
keep the cable from fraying where it enters the conduit: sort of a
bearing.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org