[T3] WHY ISNT MY NOTCH RUNNING NOW!!!!!

William McInerney billymac53 at msn.com
Wed Feb 16 16:08:58 PST 2011

I hate to bother you guys with this and I may find out the answer soon enough, but here it goes.

So, I am no mechanic by any means, however I have the ability to troubleshoot and get to the core issue if lead in the right direction. This 62 Notch of mine really is starting to really get under my skin, but maybe it is not at fault.

Anyways, it as been at a trusted mechanic's shop since December and I just got it back last week. The mechanic did a rebuilt of the Solex PHN side draft with NOS rebuild kit. He also retrofitted a late fuel pump, which I beleive to be Type 1 and did a full tune up, plugs, wires, points, distributor cap and valve adjustment.. So, I pick it up....drive it home and park/cover it, that was about 2 weeks ago, but it did start and run about 5-6 days ago when I drove it around the block.

Yesterday was a nice day, so I figured I'd take it out to work and to run errands after, the car would not turn over. The engine turned at a constant...de, de, de, de, de.

I thought...MAYBE it was too low if not out of gas as it was sputtering and hesitating when I was driving it around the block about 5-6 days ago.

Today, I fill up it up and the same thing....turn the key...turning the motor, but no change. I am giving it gas as well as pushing in the clutch and no change. The completely constant de, de, de, de, de still remains.

Am I getting no fuel to the carb or no spark and why would any of this be happening after a full tune up, carb rebuild and fuel pump?????

I would hate to have to tow the car back to the mechanic's if this is an easy fix, I will be calling him as I spent BIG $$$, but wanted to get some educated advice from the sources that know what they are talking about, in case I can avoid any additional headaches!!!!

Thanks,

BillyMac