[T3] Endless Problems Fixed! ...Sort Of...

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Feb 19 19:29:59 PST 2011

On 19 Feb 2011 at 11:56, J. Jonik wrote:

> Type III  72  FI  Standard....

> A mechanic who knows about T IIIs said to not bother checking the
> Control Box but just to change it for one of my spares...with the
> right numbers, of course.

> It's been almost two weeks now and the fuel problem has STOPPED!  No
> drips, no smells, no stalling, no smoke, and easy starting...even when
> very cold.

While bad brains are always a possibility, the actually fail VERY
seldom. It would be one of the very last things I would suspect. My
suspicion is that the problem is still something that got disturbed
as you replaced the brain, and it could even be right inside the
wiring harness.

I certainly hope you've found and fixed the problem, but only time
will tell for sure. You've been at exactly this place before.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org