[T3] Old Type IIIs

James Lingenfelter jimmyandcher at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 21:48:32 PST 2011

  I hear ya.... for some reason my '68 squareback was a BEAST on the
7% grades on I-70. Much more so than any other VW I've had. I would
do the passing lane, 70 plus mph, all the way to the top of the most
hideous passes. In my '73 bug, which ran WELL, I was lucky to get
past 3rd gear on those grades.