[T3] MPG

James Lingenfelter jimmyandcher at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 23 22:59:43 PST 2011

   I did not get 40mpg one day. I got 50mpg one day. I've already
mentioned that about four times. I got 40 mpg many, many times. And
no, it wasn't driving down from the top of Pike's Peak with a 300mph
tailwind. Geesh, why is this such a sore spot for people? I'm sorry I
even mentioned it. OK, here goes: I only get 18mpg on the highway
with my squareback. There, does that make you feel better about your
car? You know what, maybe the engine in my car is NOT actually a VW
engine..... maybe it's a Subaru or something, and I just never looked
closely enough, since you guys have now informed me that it's
"impossible" for me to get that kind of mileage in a type III with
carbs. Or better yet.... maybe the highway mile markers in TX are
actually only 1/2 mile apart..... boy, would that be sneaky. I've
been had.