[T3] rocker trim (?)

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Feb 25 17:20:34 PST 2011

They don't rust around the holes but those holes NEED to be plugged!  They
allow water into the rocker panels and contribute to the rusting out of the
rockers.  I have some nice pictures of this on Russ' site.

Keith

There are, I believe, 3 small holes in the sill and under the sill
plate. They are just outboard of the body seam. They don't tend to
rust there, because the sill plate protects that area. I think the
holes were just to drain primer or pretreatment at the factory.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org