[T3] rocker trim (?)

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Feb 24 20:29:11 PST 2011

On 24 Feb 2011 at 14:08, Bryon Garvin wrote:

> what is the trim piece called that is on top of the rocker panel, hidden by
> the door when the door is shut?

Sill plate

> Is that wide aluminum panel removable?  How is it held in place?

It's held by several spring clips. You can remove it by just pulling
straight up, working from one end. When reinstalling, push the clips
onto the body seam first.

There are, I believe, 3 small holes in the sill and under the sill
plate. They are just outboard of the body seam. They don't tend to
rust there, because the sill plate protects that area. I think the
holes were just to drain primer or pretreatment at the factory.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org