[T3] Mission Impossible of 72 Fastback

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Feb 26 07:44:14 PST 2011

On 2/25/2011 8:06 PM, Keith Park wrote:
> WE got 15 inches TODAY!
>    Do they actually have the ability to salt that far south when it does snow
> or do they just let it melt?  Once on the car, salt is nearly impossible to
> get back out of all the nooks and crannies and seams and such, I resort to
> filling them with oil on my winterat but that does make a mess...
>
> Keith
>

> Top Notch Restorations
> topnotch at nycap.rr.com
> http://www.a383ina68.addr.com/radiorest/main.htm
> 71 Squareback "Hothe"
> 65 Notchback "El Baja Rojo"
> 65 Squareback "Eggcrate"
> 87 golf "Winterat"
> 93 RX7 "Redstur"

Our county road department dose have a salt spreaders to go on the back
of a truck.  Only the main roads get the salt everybody else has to wait
for it to melt.  In our little town they use a John Deere with a
fertilize spreader full of road salt but once again just the main roads.
Very few people have snow chains, snow tires, snow plows, or experience
driving on snow here. With all this in mind an inch or two can shut us
down but like I said earlier that is what we usually average for a whole
winter.  Another reason my bumper mounts are in such good shape (besides
lack of very much road salt) is my dad when he bought it new he had the
dealer put under coat on it. We striped a lot of it off recently and
looks like new under it.  I think the bumper mounts was one of the
things that benefited from it.
Dennis