[T3] California smog inspection for Type 3s

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 28 19:32:00 PST 2011

> Any idea why this exemption only applies to gasoline
> powered
> vehicles? Does it really mean that diesel and electric
> vehicles older
> than 1975 must still be inspected?

Here's the whole list from the site:
+++
Does my vehicle qualify for a smog exemption?
Smog inspections are required unless your vehicle is:
    * Hybrid
    * Gasoline powered 1975 year model or older
    * Diesel powered manufactured prior to 1998 or with a Gross Vehicle Weight rating (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs
    * Electric
    * Natural gas powered with a GVWR rating of more than 14,000 lbs.
    * Motorcycle
    * Trailer
+++

Jeff '67 Sqbk