[T3] original cam mesh inspection

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 19:48:20 PST 2011

In a message dated 2/27/2011 11:35:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

> My  other thought is that even if I was lucky enough to find  a NOS
"zero"
> geared cam; it would be too tight to run.
>
> Are  my  thoughts about this test correct?

> I think you've got this  backwards Dave. The -3 gear would be even larger

> than the -2  gear that you have.

I'm under the opposite impression. I thought the  -3 referred to the
diviation from the nominal pitch diameter in hundredths  of a mm. That
would make the + gears larger than nominal and the - gears  smaller
than nominal.

Jim, I believe you're right, and I had it backwards. I was thinking of the
+ gears, not the - gears. In Dave's case, he needs to stay with the - gear,
as a  "0" gear would be too tight.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)