[T3] so it was 60 last friday

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Tue Feb 22 17:56:49 PST 2011

So it was time for the Squarebacks mid winter run, sitting since the start
of last December as soon as I turned the key on I had 20psi of fuel
pressure!
I have an extra backflow valve in line with the pump that Jim Adney gave me
after he rebuilt the pump, and after discovering that this eliminated the
pressure falls
That apparently happen with the D jet on throttle changes I left it in
place.  now I always crank till I have oil pressure when an engine has been
sitting as all the oil drains to the sump and it takes some time to fill the
cooler and get to the bearings again and I don't want them running dry so I
unplugged the trigger contacts and didn't let it start but it would have
started on the fist turn again even after all those weeks!  This was not the
case with the original pump before the rebuild.

I really suspect that adding this valve might eliminate some of the flat
spots some of us have with the D jet, and eliminate the hard starts that
seem to be occurring
>From vapor lock or the pump losing prime.  In my A2 there is a fuel
accumulator that keeps the pressure up for a while after the pump is off to
eliminate vapor lock and I can tell you when its bad you DO get rough hot
starts.

I didn't move the car out as there is salt everywhere but hopefully soon.. I
need an aircooled fix again!

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com