[T3] California smog inspection for Type 3s

Robert Bills rdbills at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 11:11:22 PST 2011

>Excuse  my ignorance on this topic, but do Type 3's in California have to
>have this  equipment in place to pass their inspection?  Even though it
>doesn't  work?

I purchased a '73 Squareback earlier this month.  The DMV clerk at AAA didn't ask or
say anything about a current smog inspection, which is normally required upon transfer
of title.  Although it is dangerous to assume anything, it appears that Type 3s are no
longer subject to inspection in California.