[T3] fuel pump output -error

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Feb 28 20:30:25 PST 2011

On 28 Feb 2011 at 22:44, Bobsnotch at aol.com wrote:

> I think Ray is using 1 pump as a "lifting" pump (like a rabbit has), and
> the other pump is the main supply pump. What he's doing, by doing this, is to
>  ensure that fuel delivery isn't an issue with his closely tuned t-4 engine
>  (where pressure deviations of 2 psi can cause a lean condition). He's been
>  playing with it for years, and found fuel delivery to be a problem (using
> the  stock pump).

If so, he's thinking about it wrong. Two pumps in series will give
him the same rate of fuel delivery, but they might be capable of
delivering it to a higher pressure. Since the only way the pressure
can drop would be for the flow to be insufficient to keep the
pressure regulator open, he needs more flow. The only way to get more
flow would be to put 2 pumps in parallel.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org