[T3] fuel pump output -error

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Feb 28 19:44:23 PST 2011

In a message dated 2/28/2011 10:15:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

Now that  I've had a bit more time to think about this, I can imagine
very short  extreme times when the flow from one pump might not be
enough for a big  engine. To make this work, you'd want to put the 2
pumps in parallel. Are  you sure Ray put them in series?

I think Ray is using 1 pump as a "lifting" pump (like a rabbit has), and
the other pump is the main supply pump. What he's doing, by doing this, is to
 ensure that fuel delivery isn't an issue with his closely tuned t-4 engine
 (where pressure deviations of 2 psi can cause a lean condition). He's been
 playing with it for years, and found fuel delivery to be a problem (using
the  stock pump).

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)