[T3] MPS calibration

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Jan 4 12:28:27 PST 2011

On 3 Jan 2011 at 21:50, Bryon Garvin wrote:

> I'm just trying to understand this 71 dilemma in a big-picture kind of way.
>  Once your "C" PS fails and you have trouble finding good used ones, what
> are you options if you want to keep FI ?  Can you somewhat painlessly switch
> to a different year's setup with a new brain and sensor, and maybe other
> equipment?

Switching to parts from earlier or later years is always a possibility, but it
would be a pain to find and swap everything that you needed.

> I really enjoy my '71 :)  as I'm sure many of you all do as well.  I'd love
> to know what's "next" as these sensors begin to fail.  I've heard folks
> talking about trying to make the diaphragms.  I keep hoping for success on
> that front!

I'm sure I'll get the diaphram problem worked out someday, and that's most
likely to happen when we start to get a lot of failures AND after I'm retired.
I expect the latter to happen sooner than the former. I've never had one fail
on me. It's still a low odds possibility.

--
Jim Adney
jadney at vwtype3.org
Madison, WI USA