[T3] MPS calibration

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Tue Jan 4 13:09:23 PST 2011

In a message dated 1/4/2011 11:52:02 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
russw at classicvw.org writes:

Keith.  You have to remember, that Ray has never really worked  with Type
3's.  He is a Type 4/914 person.Ray  keeps getting T-3 FI stuff confused,
as he  has never really worked on them.
I keep pointing out those differences to  him, but he ignores me.  That
is why I take a lot of other stuff he  says with a grain of salt.  Like
he says the injectors will not stand  over 35 psi, and yet, I run both of
my cars at 35  psi.

Yeah, I've found the same thing, with the same results Russ. The T-3 and
T-4 do share the same technology, but use different parts, and you can't seem
to  tell him otherwise. :O And all he does tell you is the wiring harnesses
are bad,  and the connectors are junk, when the real problem might be a bad
VR (and being  a t-4 guy, he forgets that the t-3 has a generator). I mean
he knows  t-4s, but I don't think he's dealt with t-3s that much, and they
are a little  different. I think the worst part of asking him a "simple"
question, is the 3  paragraph answer that you need to be a rocket scientist to
understand.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)