[T3] Vacuum Leak

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Fri Jan 7 23:10:11 PST 2011

On 7 Jan 2011 at 21:25, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> Well then, what would cause one cylinder to run richer than the other
> three, and then foul the plug?  I tested the injectors under pressure,
> and they are not leaking and have a good spray pattern.  The cylinder
> running rich is one, and the pinched nose seal is two.  Both injectors
> are rebuilt.  I have always installed the injectors with the nose seal
> on: should I install the seal first?

I've not seen good results from rebuilt injectors. My impression is
that they don't always meter out the correct amount of fuel. New or
used bosch 007s are what you want. Keep in mind that if the plug is
fouling, the problem may not be too much gas, it may be too little
compression or too much oil leaking past the rings.

I also install the seal on the nose of the injector first. Then you
have to make sure that it seats nicely in the manifold when you
install it.

> Where is the vacuum leak?

??? You're the one who reported finding it. You tell us.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org