[T3] Charging issue still

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Jan 15 17:07:51 PST 2011

If there's a poor connection between the main battery connections - perhaps
due to corrosion, grease or something - it's possible that the resistance is
gradually increasing during operation.  I had a situation where I had put
copper grease on starter terminals and after a few days the starter wouldn't
turn the engine over.  Cleaning the connections back to metal and leaving
out the grease cured it permanently.  I've also had misfires when using a
dab of copper grease on spark plug threads.

Dave,
UK VW Type 3&4 Club.
=========