[T3] Up date on 72 Fastback

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Jan 22 03:23:32 PST 2011

There are 4 folded lugs holding the chrome bezel.  You need only ease them a
bit - in fact only really on one side, then you can ease the bezel off
slightly sideways.

The centre piece is just tim.  It's harder to do on the speedometer as you
domn't really want to disturb the needle.

I've had three Squarebacks here at one point, built on consecutive days,
which seems an amazing coincidence, though they would all have been RHD for
the UK importers so may well have been made in batches.  On two of those at
least, the speedo dial plastic had a small half-moon shaped crack on the
edge.  I don't know for sure about the third, as that was a scrap one I
bought and I didn't really look at the speedo - not sure if I would know
which it was now.

Dave,
UK VW Type 3&4 Club