[T3] Up date on 72 Fastback

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Jan 22 07:33:02 PST 2011

In a message dated 1/22/2011 9:58:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

There  are a lot of year to year differences, so I wouldn't do this
unless they  are the same year (and in '71 there were mid year
changes.) There are 2  basic harnesses: front and rear. I don't think
the front one changed much,  if at all, year to year '69-on.

Right, all the 70 and later cars should be the same, as the 70 an on got
longer front fenders than the 69 and earlier were shorter.
Like Jim mentioned, the 71 main wiring harness had a mid year change, in
that the wiring harness was moved from outside the car (over the inner rear
fender), to thru the back seat wall. This results in the wiring harness
being  about 2 feet shorter (saved VW some money). This new rear harness also
got  the connections (extra wires) for the computer diagnostic system that the
 dealers used (way back then), that was used thru the end of production.
Just  something to think about.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)