[T3] Up date on 72 Fastback

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 23:52:58 PST 2011

>  The turn signal wires were just a bundle of cables
> up thru '70, but in '71 they got a connector at the bottom of the
> steering column.

I'm definitely familiar with the 71 TS switch since I've had mine out before
and worked on it.  But Mid America now lists this:

http://www.mamotorworkstv.com/vw/product/12-volt-turn-signal-switch-with-headlight-dimmer_302747/

as a replacement.  It doesn't have the long connector on it, but do you
think these wires could be trimmed to work in a 71?  The description lists
it as a replacement nearly across the board for many '71 models.

 - Bryon, '71 Fastback