[T3] Putting door seal on

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jan 23 16:29:15 PST 2011

In a message dated 1/23/2011 5:00:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
spinningrooves at gmail.com writes:

Thanks  Bob.  The seal went on fine.  I just see light however when I  close
the door and look down in there.  Further inspection leads me to  think I
need to move the top door hinge in a tiny bit.  Its all so  close.  Does
this
sound reasonable?

Is the seal contacting the body? Are the fender to door edges nice and flat
 (one not sticking out more than the other)? What makes you think the
hinges need  to be adjusted? I'm only asking, because it could be something as
simple as  slightly relocating the door seal, to  get a better fit. It's also
possible  that the seal isn't the right shape in that part of the seal. I
can't remember  if that was brought up in the discussion on the Samba, but I
do know that seal  was originally designed (by ISP West) as replacement seals
for the early cars  (up to 66). This is why that seal doesn't have the
large block around the door  switch, or the door check rod. It could also be
that it doesn't fit the shape of  the later door post. You might have found the
difference.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)