[T3] Newbie with dumb questions.

Brian Fye bfye at canyonville.net
Thu Jan 27 13:57:03 PST 2011

> 1776 isnt too bad, they last about 30% less than a stock engine, hydraulic
> is a mistake as there isn't the oiling system for those lifters in a stock
> case.

I can' t let this one go Keith.  I got 125k miles out of my 74x94 before
there was a parts failure.

> Air conditioning is a HUGE mistake on a T3, but if you must use the modern
> efficient compressors or maybe even an electric compressor, that would
> solve
> the breaching of the cooling system problem but you still need to riddle
> the
> body with holes and make the underdash impossible to get at if you install
> it... already AC?  Then not so bad...

modern a/c compressors use roughly 1/4 to 1/2 HP to operate.  and if the
choice is for a rough car to come back to life with a/c and some holes or
just sit and rot, by all means, bring it back to life!

Sometimes you have to ignore the non-stocker (stock in his own mind) guy.
His heart is in the right place, but his brain gets in the way.  (love ya
keith)

--
Brian Fye
Canyonville Christian Academy