[T3] Intro - Newby Old Guy with '73 Squareback

Robert Bills rdbills at aol.com
Thu Jan 27 15:35:43 PST 2011

>Welcome to the Type 3 list, Robert.
>You'll find that many of us here are in that same "certain age."

>my first recommendation would be to stick
>with this list and let us help you do your own repairs.
> It's getting really hard to find commercial mechanics
> who still remember our cars.
>Keep in mind that no one cares as much about your car as you do
>so you're your own best mechanic.

Thanks for the kind words.

I would like to do as many of my own repairs as possible, but there are
things for which
I either don't have the tools or knowledge.  Also, because I intend to
drive this car rather
than just use it on weekends, there will be times that I will need to
be at work rather
than home wrenching.  For those times, I need a referral to a good
local mechanic who
understands these fuel injected motors and takes pride in his/her work.