[T3] Intro - Newby Old Guy with '73 Squareback

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 15:48:20 PST 2011

> I would like to do as many of my own repairs as possible, but there are
> things for which
> I either don't have the tools or knowledge.  Also, because I intend to
> drive this car rather
> than just use it on weekends, there will be times that I will need to be at
> work rather
> than home wrenching.  For those times, I need a referral to a good local
> mechanic who
> understands these fuel injected motors and takes pride in his/her work.

I'll just add for the record that I knew NOTHING about these cars 2 years
ago, and still don't know quite a bit.  But I got mine running with the help
of this group and have only taken it to a shop once and that was for an
alignment.  I've spent a couple hundred on some tools I didn't have but
they've come in handy time and time again so they weren't a one-time
purchase.

If you don't have the time you wish you had, then that's understandable and
a totally different situation.  But I'm living testimony that this group can
guide you to be your own mechanic !  :)

Just offering some "you can do it" in case you were doubting....

 - Bryon, '71 Fastback