[T3] Pneumatic screen washer Helphos Valve

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Sat Jan 29 10:30:21 PST 2011

 On mine, the gas heater dumps out right onto the washer hose, and that's
when it blew...  as I was crossing a bridge and couldn't pull over... was
weeks before I could get the smell of alcohol out of the car..  good thing I
didn't get pulled over!

Keith

Thanks for the offer, Keith.  I put in a plastic hose that has stopped me
getting wet soapy feet unexpectedly. Silicone rubber vacuum hose can be used
too.  You know me - I try to stay stock if I can, but if I change to
electric, I'll arrange a micro-switch to use the plunger of the original
valve somehow.  I think the valve assembly can be removed from the switch
end, but haven't looked recently.  I will then curse the fact I have to turn
on power to get the screenwash flowing!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club.