[T3] Blue Coil

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Jan 29 17:26:48 PST 2011

In a message dated 1/29/2011 8:14:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jimmyandcher at yahoo.com writes:

4. I'm ASSUMING that I'm not experiencing more than one unrelated
problems at the same time. I've had this car 7 years, and it's been  a
daily driver that whole time, and maintained in a way that I  could
hop in it and take a 2,000 mile trip at any time if need  be..... in
other words, this isn't something I just pulled out of a  shed after
20 years of sitting, trying to work the bugs  out.

After the drive today, something is telling me fuel issue. I've  had
so many instances over the years of getting rust-clogged  fuel
filters, and today, for the first time, that's what it felt  like.

This sounds like a cracked overflow hose. Jim sells a nice kit that FIXES
this permently, as the stuff he uses doesn't break down like normal hoses.
He's  even done testing of some of the repops of that hose (with bad
results). I was  originally thinking you had a plugged jet on the right carb, but
then you  changed the coil too, as that could have been a problem.  One easy
way to  clear the jet, is to remove the air cleaner on that carb, rev the
engine up,  then cover the opening with your hand over it (like choking the
carb), and  see if that helps. You might have to do it a couple of times to get
it to pass  thru. Most of the time doing this will pull whatever is in the
jet thru it.  If not, sorry, you'll have to pull that carb, and clean the
jets and passages  with a can of carb cleaner. My guess is a big chunk of crap
passed thru the  filter, and lodged itself in a jet. I've pulled the top
off a few carbs before,  and was amazed at what passed thru the filter. :O I
hope this helps.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)