[T3] Blue Coil

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jan 29 23:13:16 PST 2011

On 29 Jan 2011 at 19:21, James Lingenfelter wrote:

> Thanks, I will check this. I don't believe I've ever looked in the
> tank of a Type III, but I remember my Type I's seemed to have a
> little screen "cage" over the drain at the bottom of the tank, and I
> could visually inspect the screen looking in through the sender hole.
> Is this anything like that?

It's pretty much the same, but because you're looking straight down
at the top of that filter sock, you really can't tell much. You are
better off just looking to see if things look clean on the bottom of
the tank and inside the cup in there. If there's water, you may be
able to see it, but if there's a lot of water, it probably won't show
up, just because you can't see the boundary, unless there's dirt at
the top of the water layer.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org