[T3] Blue Coil

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Jan 29 23:32:11 PST 2011

On 29 Jan 2011 at 16:17, James Lingenfelter wrote:

> Fuel filters are brand new and  clear; Fuel pump (electric) is nearly
> new and hasn't shown any signs  of failure....

A bad pump is always a possibility, but I would put that rather far
down the list. Filters will often act strangely if they get a bit of
water in them. Most filter elements are made from some kind of
cellulose paper, which always has an affinity for water. So gas will
pass easily thru the filter, but water gets caught there. That may
sound good, but when the paper gets saturated with water, the gas
can't get thru any more. It doesn't take much water to saturate the
whole filter.

You may still get some gas thru the filter, but it's pretty easy to
not get as much as you need.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org