[T3] R. H. outside Mirrors

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jan 30 06:49:01 PST 2011

In a message dated 1/30/2011 2:13:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

I  thought  most  Type 3s from 68-on came with a plug in the threaded
hole in the RH door. Squares got a mirror installed there but fastys
didn't. Both had a nut welded inside that hole so mirror installation
was a snap.

If your door doesn't have the plug, then you don't have  the nut
either. In that case you have several options. You can drill a  hole
and hold a nut in there, you can mount a different kind of mirror, or
you can find a different door with the nut already in  place.

Due to the age of our cars, parts might have been replaced over the years.
While most of the Squares came with a right mirror, a lot of Fastbacks
didn't.  It's possible that the PO or the PPO replaced the door with one from a
Fastback,  thereby eliminating the mirror hole.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)