[T3] Newbie with dumb questions.

Tom Hottinger tdhotti at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 22:11:27 PST 2011

I had been away from VWs for about 10 years so just getting headed bacvk in
that direction I have purchased a new Hot VWs and they are still advertising
in there.  If memory serves me correctly other than the 1776, hydraulics and
041 heads the cam and the rest was stock.  Once I get it on the road I'll
start buildiong something else to keep on the shelf for a spare.  We've
always kinda operated that way.  With motors so easy to swap it was good to
have a spare.

Older now with a child so we have softball and all the rest that goes along
with it so I probably will just concentrate on keeping my own on the road
and not be farming out so much work this time around.  The neat part is as
we were walking through the old iron my 9 year old daughter is pointing and
asking if she can have this or that when she turns 16.  Her "Dah" has
educated her quite well on the VWs while they were watching her in her
preschool days.  She can point out all of the variations of Type 1s, 2s and
3s.

So I am really going to enjoy this build with her being so interestedin
getting started on it.