[T3] Newbie with dumb questions.

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 16:14:40 PST 2011

Brian, like others on here incapable of getting mpg on stock engines
anything like your own (or Russ') on souped up and near-stock engines, I am
in awe of the mileages you two guys get.

While some on here reckon they can estimate their mileage by using part
tanks-full, if your figures were just estimates, we'd have rumbled you long
ago.

I wasn't suggesting you don't work these things out properly.  Even if I
drive at 65 (and we do still have miles thank goodness), I can't get close
to your mpg unless I calculate it in imp galls, which is 34 on the highway
over a 1000 mile journey).  That's about 27mpg US.  Jim has a long and
meticulous record of his fuel consumption, and IIRC he gets similar near
sea-level.

How can I improve that?
Where do you reckon you get the extra mpg from?

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club