[T3] Tire failure?

Chris Slaymaker nurofiz at knology.net
Mon Jan 17 16:28:24 PST 2011

When I bought Foster a few years ago, it came with nearly new tires.  I think they're made by Kelly - a brand called "Arizonian".

Two months ago, I had a blowout and replaced it with a Nexen of similar specs.  (I hadn't heard of them much.)

Last month, another of those tires went flat while driving to work (in the bitter cold).  I took it to a reputable mo-and-pop tire place and the called to tell me that the sidewall was about to fail on it (probably in similar fashion as the previous tire).

So I've lost two tires in about as many months.  Still plenty of good tread on them.  Do these tires have a "history"?

Chris Slaymaker
1971 Westfalia "Lurch"
1971 Squareback "Foster"
Knoxville, TN