[T3] Up date on 72 Fastback

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Fri Jan 21 18:12:08 PST 2011

Well I don't have a video this time since most of what we have done this
week you can't see.  Since the back of my FB was sagging a little when I
quit driving it I decided to swap the torsion bars from the Squarback
parts car. I hope I don't regret doing this as long I haven't made the
ride as stiff as the 71 stander Beetle I have.  We have also been
checking out the electrical in the SB to see if we can transfer a good
bit of it in the FB since the wiring is in such poor shape on it.  One
question I have the plastic piece in the middle of the fuel gauge has
fallen to the bottom on both of these cars I'll attach link to a photo
of it to show what I am talking about.  How much trouble would it be to
take the gauge apart and re-glue it back on? Or do I need to find
another gauge?
Talk to everybody later!

Dennis Stiefel
Rainsville AL, USA