[T3] wiper switch and fuel mileage

alluringeyewear at comcast.net alluringeyewear at comcast.net
Sun Jan 30 17:38:38 PST 2011

Hey all!  I have a '73 FI fastback with a stock engine.  Weak compression in number one cylinder but otherwise starts and runs fairly well, but I can't even get close to 20 mpg.  I usually get around 17 or 18.  What could be wrong?  Also, I don't totally understand about the Rabbit switch.  I need to remove my wiper arm from the column and replace it with a 76 Rabbit one?  How do I get intermittent wipers from this?  This sounds like a great idea!  Thanks!