[T3] A new T-34 owner?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Jul 3 06:21:49 PDT 2011

On 1 Jul 2011 at 22:56, Dave Hall wrote:

> I wonder what differences there are in the original VW mountings - the rear
> outer has a large plate underneath, but I don't know what the ones going
> into the tunnel, sill or C-post have.

There's another large plate for the 2 rear inners.

There's a long oval insert/plate inside what amounts to the bottom of
the "B" pillar for the front outers, at least the lower part. I
wouldn't be surprised if VW used the same part for the upper front
outers.

I've never seen what's inside the tunnel for the front inners, but it
may not be much because I think that's a much heavier piece of steel.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org