[T3] Coil, Calipers, and Front Beam

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jul 4 10:48:39 PDT 2011

On 4 Jul 2011 at 8:32, Adriel Rowley wrote:

> > From: jadney at vwtype3.org

> > On 3 Jul 2011 at 10:18, Adriel Rowley wrote:
> >
> > > I have looked all around and not seeing anything.  Does the timing light
> > > good enough to tell whether you are not getting spark, thought it was?
> >
> > A timing light with inductive pickup will tell you whether you have
> > spark. Check all 5 cables.
> >
> Nothing at any of them, as I thought I stated earlier. ;)

Then your problem is lack of spark.

Do you have 12 V at the + side of the coil?

Do you have continuity thru the coil primary?

Are the points opening and closing?

Are the wires all connected?

If you pull the coil wire off the dist and put it close to ground,
does it spark?

Is the rotor installed?

Is the carbon brush in the cap intact?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org