[T3] Vibration

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 03:49:45 PDT 2011

Wheel bearings adjusted OK?  Any slack in the suspension?  Steering damper
rubber bush still good - not elliptical hole?  No brake rubbing (rusty area
where the pads were sitting?).   Anything that might allow a bit of
vibration can be noticeable as resonance at a particular speed or wheel rpm.
It may be the damper has failed.  You should be able to check it by removing
one end and seeing if there's resistance to pushing and pulling the other.

You could try swapping front and rear wheels - maybe one wasn't balanced
quite right, or has somehow lost a balance weight.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club