[T3] Vibration - Mirror

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Wed Jul 6 19:11:41 PDT 2011

On 6 Jul 2011 at 16:34, crash 69 wrote:

> I've had tires before that were fairly new, but the inner belt was starting
> to slip.  It would still balance OK, but would "jiggle" at speed.  The best
> way to check for this is to switch the position of the tires and see if it
> makes a difference.

I've seen tires that did this when new. I don't know whether it was a
flaw in the construction that was there from "birth" or a flaw that
caused a very early failure. None of that seems likely in this case,
however, since these were fine last fall and now seem to be a
problem.

I would still suggest jacking up the front end and spinning the tires
while watching the tread. Watch for any side to side squirming.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org