[T3] Late type 3 clock wanted

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jul 10 09:52:37 PDT 2011

In a message dated 7/10/2011 7:17:05 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk writes:

... but a cheap 1.5V movement will also work for
maybe a year  until the battery runs down, or make a simple 1.5V voltage
regulator  circuit from the car 12V (eg with LM317L).

I've done this mod to several clocks. I used the "long shaft kit" from
Walmart (4.99), and have had good success with it. You do need to add a 3/8-16
nut for a spacer to set the hands depth correctly. They keep very good
time. The AA battery lasts about a year and half to 2 years. I even did the
conversion to my T-34 clock. In fact it's working in the car right now, as it
has the only battery in the car at the moment. ;^)

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)