[T3] Tire inflation pressures

Daniel K. Du Vall dduvall at 1peter4-10.org
Fri Jul 15 07:25:43 PDT 2011

Your Jetta door inflation label shows 35?
Interesting our 04 Golf TDI shows 32 front and 40 rear. I always found
it interesting on these pressures especially the 32 for the front. I
generally run 35 in the front on the Golf and 40 in the rear as trying
to get 32 is hard to read on my tire gauges. SO your recommending 20 and
30 for the type 3 is there a label on the car that shows this or is it
just from your experience, 20 in the front seems really low. I think
last I check I am running 35 and 30. Will try the recommendation you
gave to see how it drives. I am always up for more driver experience
like I have always gotten from VW.

P.S.
I have always readjusted my tire pressures after going to the chain tire
shops as they seem to fill everything at 35psi even my 1999 Chevy
Extended cab 4X4 not even close with that pressure which varies on what
it is being used for at different times. Off road, towing, or hulling in
the bed.

Daniel Du Vall
http://1peter4-10.org
http://volkswageninsanity.us