[T3] Tire inflation pressures

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Jul 15 10:03:49 PDT 2011

In a message dated 7/15/2011 10:55:40 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

VW's  recommendation for the Type 3s with stock tires was something
like 18/28  (F/R, unloaded to half loaded) due to the front/rear
weight distribution  of the car. There was a sticker on the car when
new that had those  numbers. I think it was usually on the glove box
door. I add 2 psi for  better gas mileage to get 20/30.

I've been running 20/28 in my Notch for years. When I told Tram that, he
wasn't happy at first, until he realized that I was running radial tires,
which  should be bumped 2 psi over bias ply tires. In the winter I'll inflate
them to  32 psi, to allow for them to drop in pressure over the cold months,
and  inactivity. In the spring, I'll reset them.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)