[T3] Tire inflation pressures

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Jul 15 18:54:55 PDT 2011

In a message dated 7/15/2011 3:29:18 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
dduvall at 1peter4-10.org writes:

Which  brings up a question are you recommendations for radial or bias
ply tires?  Mine are radial and on 5.5X15 rims with p186/65 R15 tires.
Went this rout  because the originals were so rusted they could not get
new tires to seat  and seal and I like the look of the new wheels ;-)

So would your  pressures still be relevant?

This question came up because of Bobnotch  reply.

Daniel, I'm running 195-60-15's on the front, and 205-65-15's on the rear
on 5.5 inch rims. I just tried to stay close to the stock spec that VW gave
(since they designed the car). I've found those pressures work good with
the  tire sizes I'm running. Something to think about, pressure is pressure,
and  volume is volume. You might need more air "volume" to fill the tire, but
it'll  still need the same pressure.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)