[T3] Ground for Fuel Pump Plug

SCS Crewcab scscrewcab at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 15 10:18:10 PDT 2011

That makes sense, the spare looked like it had only been on the car for
about 6 months where mine was adorned with 40 years of road goo. Also,
on mine, no spark at all when I touched the neg to ground. On the spare,
a bright spark. And, on both, I got the shock when I touched neg to
ground not, when I removed it. It was a very hot day and, my hand was
wet from sweat. Maybe the electrons got confused and couldn't decide to
ground through me or the car or both. I was worried the winding had
shorted to ground someway.