[T3] Update with a Bowl Full of Rust Flakes

SCS Crewcab scscrewcab at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 23 18:48:57 PDT 2011

Another thing when you're storing an FI car for very long. Disconnect
the 3 fuel lines from the pump and put them in an empty pail. Turn the
engine over until all the gas is pumped out. Empty the pail and put a 3
to 1 mix of 10w oil and Marvel Mystery oil. Turn the engine again over
to fill the pump with the light oil mixture. This will keep the pump
gears from getting gummed up with varnish from the old gas and protect
them from corrosion. When you go to start it, make sure to pump out all
the oil mix before you connect it back to the engine.